by Susan Whatling
New work from my garden studio this morning, freshly cut soft linoblock and hand pulled prints.
- For the original drawing, I used chalk on large black paper, to capture the highlights I saw on the life drawing model.
- Next, I photographed the drawn image, printed off a photo and traced it.
- The image I then turned over and transferred to the lino.
- The highlights were cut away.
- Finally, I rolled out the ink on glass, inked up the block and printed the image using a barren and the back of a wooden spoon.